Vegetarian Flammkuchen with pumpkin, pears and goat's cheese | Bettine
Have you ever made and eaten Flammkuchen? It has a super thin dough and is usually topped with sour cream and bacon. We have changed the traditional way by topping our Flammkuchen with sliced pumpkin, pears, onion and Bettine aged goat cheese. Just add some corn salad when it comes out of the oven and feast!
Ingredientsfor 2 people
|100 g||(Hokkaido) pumpkin|
|1||small onion or 2 shallots|
|1 layer||of Flammkuchen dough|
|1 tbsp||oat yoghurt or sour cream|
|0.5 roll||Bettine mature goat cheese 200g|
|2 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp.||dried thyme (or 2 stalks)|
|1 pinch||of sea salt|
|1 tbsp||sesame seeds|
|50 g||corn salad|
- Preheat the oven to 200°C top/bottom heat and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash the hokkaido, remove the seeds and cut into thin slices. If you have an ordinary pumpkin, remove the skin, seeds and then cut into thin slices.
- In a pan, bring enough water to the boil for the pumpkin to float in. Now add the pumpkin and boil for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the pumpkin from the pan.
- Remove the skin from the onions and garlic. Cut the onions into slices 0.5 cm thick. Wash the pear, remove the core and cut into thin 0.3 cm slices.
- Place the Flammkuchen dough on the baking tray and spread with yoghurt or sour cream. Now divide the pumpkin slices over the Flammkuchen, followed by the pear and onion. Cut the cheese into 0.5 cm slices and divide over the Flammkuchen.
- Put the olive oil in a small bowl. Squeeze the garlic over it and add the thyme. Mix everything well and drizzle evenly over the Flammkuchen, keeping a little olive oil behind.
- Gently fold the edges of the Flammkuchen, brush with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place the baking tray on the middle shelf in the oven and bake the Flammkuchen until golden brown.
Tip: While the Flammkuchen is browning in the oven, you may want to wash the lamb's lettuce and pat it dry well. Once the Flammkuchen comes out of the oven, sprinkle the lamb's lettuce on top as desired and serve immediately.